City of Residence: Shanghai
School: Shanghai International School
Intended Major: Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
Age during program: Grade 11
Electrical and mechanical engineering are two of Xavier’s greatest passions. He had a lot of ideas, but he needed to focus on the important concepts for his design paper.
★ University of Chicago Full Merit Scholarship
★ UC Davis Regents Scholarship USD30K
★ UC Irvine Directors Scholarship USD20K
★ University of California San Diego USD5K
★ University of California, Santa Barbara
★ University of California, Los Angeles
What challenges did he face?
- Xavier wants to create a wearable device that collects biometric data and swimmers’ bodily motions.
- Xavier had a lot of ideas, but he needed to focus on the most important components that would go into his design paper.
A mechanical engineering professor from Columbia University who teaches courses in thermal-fluids engineering and aerospace propulsion.
How did our program help him?
- We provided support to Xavier in revising and improving his design paper writing.
- Xavier learned to improve his patent application paper for his product design.
- Xavier produced a design paper that defines the wearable device’s purpose, function, and dimensional parameters.
- The mentor helped Xavier reviewed and improved his patent design application
- Through the program, a final evaluation was written, identifying Xavier’s strengths and weaknesses.